Thursday, January 28, 2016

Yoga camp day 4 ... I awaken ___!

Affirmation:
I awaken ______!
I awaken my positive attitude within! - Me

Introduction:
Hi friends! I hope you had a great day. Tomorrow is Friday!!! For those of you that work a 9-5 Monday - Friday job, TGIF! I unfortunately work what ever day I am able to work. There is a plus side though, there are some days where I say, I think I'm going to take the day to relax, or get some personal stuff done. I am my own boss, so the only person that can fire me, is me. At least for the next couple days. I'll get to that in a minute.

Today's affirmation was a little difficult for me to come up with anything. I feel like I have woken my body, mind and spirit, a lot more than it was since before I started my yoga. I do feel like I could be a little more positive, granted I have been a lot more positive than I have in the past, but everyone could be more positive right? So I choose to awaken my positive attitude within.

I really think that is what got me through the time period before Russell took his exam. I was getting really frustrated with his negative attitude, and was hold on for dear life, trying to stay positive for him. I knew he would do well on the exam, and I kept telling him that he was making himself stress out too much. He kept on being negative about everything, and it almost broke my positive attitude. I didn't give in though. I kept my positivity (is that a word?) and he did great. He even apologized afterward for being so negative. Everything works out the way it should in the end.

What is a time in your life, that you have had to stay positive through all the tough times? Were you able to stick to it? Or did you give in to the negative thoughts? Share your experiences with us!

Yoga:
Today's yoga was a version on sun salutations. I have posted a picture of this earlier in the blog, but here is the photo again...

In the video, we did this one, and two other renditions of the sun salutation. I think it was really good. It relaxed me, while bringing my heart rate up, and working me out.

Since I started my yoga, I have become more flexible. It is really nice. For the cool down, we sat with our legs straight out, then bent one knee and stretched over the straight leg. I could actually touch my forehead to my knee. I certainly could not do that at the beginning, much less grab my foot. I was actually really excited.

Have you gained flexibility since you started yoga? I'd love to hear about it.

Daily Activities:
Today I went and showed two properties. They still weren't what they wanted, but I am hopeful that I will find them something soon, but the options are dwindling down. They are running out of homes to look at, unless they look in another area, or stop being so picky.

I had an interview at the Gristmill today, and I got the job. I will be telling the River Hofbrau that I will not be attending orientation on Wednesday. I have orientation for the Gristmill on Tuesday. I'm kind of excited. They don't hire straight to the serving position though. They start people off as a host to learn ALL the table numbers, which I am great at learning, and train for 2 weeks. Then they put you in the serving position. At least for those two weeks I'll be getting 7.25 an hour. That will help out a lot. They were able to work with the schedule I want, dinner shift during the week, and lunch or dinner shift on the weekends. They get crazy busy during the summer, so starting now, will allow me to get used to everything before we get busy. I'll keep y'all updated on how that goes.

Food:
Breakfast - Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
Lunch - chips and salsa
Dinner - Boudin sausage that Russell brought from the ranch, with french fries, and baked beans.

Exercise:
Yoga camp day 4

Motivation:




Conclusion:
Find what you would like to awaken in yourself. "Awakening" something does not have to be physical. You can awaken your spirit by daily devotions, or awaken you emotions, by expressing them more to your significant other, or family... You can awaken all sorts of things. You just have to dig deep, and figure it out.

Until tomorrow my friends. I hope you have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment