Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Day 8 ... It's all about meditating

Hello All,

Well, we are only 2 days away from 2016. I feel like this year went by so fast, like a blink of the eyes fast. 2015 was a difficult year for my family, Russell's family, and me and Russell individually. We went though a couple of deaths in the family and among friends. Russell was laid off from his job, I got into two wrecks in my new car, and one of my contracts fell through the day of closing.

However, with the bad, there was a lot of good as well. I got my Real Estate license and will do $1.9 million in sales for my first year. Russell started classes to be a home inspector and be his own boss. Russell bought me a new car. There were a couple of births in the family and among friends. So this year was not all bad. What I always say is, God allows the bad to happen, so that we will appreciate the good. Everything happens for a reason.

So, as you may have noticed, today was day 8 of the 30 day yoga challenge. Here is the video if you are doing it with me. Today was all about meditation and just relaxation. This was a really good video. I think I needed this today. My contract that closed yesterday, was one of the most difficult contracts so far. It was difficult right up to an hour before closing. So, this video couldn't have come a at better time.

The pose I liked the most was pigeon pose. It reminded me of when I was in dance in High School. This is the pose/stretch that we would do in order to achieve our split. Here is the pose:


This morning I did my work out, with one of my videos. It was a pretty good video. I didn't do all of it, because I only wanted to focus on the arms. So I will do the rest of the video tomorrow morning.

I went grocery shopping and bought a lot of good things to make some delicious and healthy food. I also bought some stuff for shakes to make with my Nutri Ninja that Russell bought me. I made a Lean Green Ninja. I should really start going to the grocery store in the morning on a week day... there really wasn't very many people there.



Lean Green Ninja Ingredients.

1/2 cup Mango
1/2 cup Pineapple
1/2 ripe Banana
1/4 cup Kale (no stems)
1/4 cup Spinach
1/2 cup Water
1 cup Ice

Add ingredients in this order, and blend. It is delicious. You cant taste the spinach or kale. All you taste is the sweet from the fruit.

Food: 
Breakfast - Chocolate Protein Shake
Lunch - Panda Express... Not the greatest...
Dinner - Ham and Turkey Sandwich with spinach, tomato, pickles, cheese, mayo and mustard, with chips and salsa.
Snack - Lean Green Ninja smoothie

Exercise:
30 min work out video
Yoga Day 8

Motivation:


 

Stay inspired everyone! Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment